Ayurveda’s Mantra of Detoxification, purification & Rejuvenation
The term “Panchakarma” is quite popular nowadays. It represents a fivefold cleansing method which includes Vamana, Virechan, Vasti, Nasya & Rakthamokshan.
Panchakarma, Ayurveda’s Mantra of rejuvenation [Pentafold purificatory measures] play a vital role in Ayurvedic therapeutics and as such, they occupy an important place in Ayurvedic System of medicine. The classical Ayurvedic Panchakarma is the comprehensive method of internal purification of the body by Vamana, Virechan, Vasti, Nasya & Rakthamokshan
There are Five Treatment in Panchakarma
- VAMANA KARMA [Therapeutic emesis]:- Process by which vitiated Doshas are eliminated through oral route , for the purification of the upper half of the body.
- VIRECHANA KARMA [Therapeutic purgation]:- Process by which vitiated Doshas are eliminated through anal route , for the purification of the lower half of the body .
- VASTI KARMA [Therapeutic Enema]:- Purificatory measure which consists of suitable medicaments in the form of enemata through rectal ,vaginal or urethral routes .
- NASYA KARMA [Nasal administration]:- Purificatory measure by which suitable medicaments are introduced through nasal passage.
- RAKTAMOKSHANA [Blood letting]:- purificatory measure in diseases related with impure blood by using external means like ,instruments [Pracchanam] leeches [Jalookavcharana] , horns etc.
Basic principal of PANCHKARMA
Like every machine, the human body requires regular cleaning to insure long and proper functioning. The organs and tissues which acts as filter (liver,spleen,kidney,lymphatic system,mucus membrane etc.)Must be cleaned and accumulated toxins must be removed to prevent blockage in the channels. So each individual should carry out proper purification procedures for maintaining the health. Hence Panchakarma therapy is considered important for every indiuals.
Importances of PANCHKARMA
The importance of Panchakarma in Ayurveda is testified by the fact that it is essentially to all cases covering Ayurveda wide range of preventive, curative and promotive conditions. The five therapies all end up with a little difference in implementation depending on the symptoms manifesting in the human body. The Panchakarma therapy has Ayurveda direct relevance to both, the healthy as well as ill person.
Benefits of PANCHKARMA
- Rejuvenate the Body
- Color of Skin improves
- Ageing Process is Delayed
- Sexual Power Increases
- Permanent cure of Disease
- Mind and Intellect work properly
- Health is restored and maintained
- Prevention & Promotion of health.
- Purification & Detoxification of the Body
- All Sense Organs Function properly
- Secretion of Digestive enzymes increases
- The Person enjoys diseases free healthy life
- Physical Strength & Immune System of The Body Increases